3 single-phase transformers installed in a thermoelectric power plant in southern Spain
Technical characteristics of the transformer:
Manufacturer .: xxx
Power [MVA]: 216
Voltage [KV]: 220/22
Mass of oil [Kg]: 15,650 each.
Periodic analyzes of the oil showed a condition of hydration of the cellulosic insulation. The estimated water content in solid insulation is between 3 and 4% by weight, a typical condition for equipment with more than 30 years of service.
Sea Marconi performed the following activity:
The process was carried out with the transformer on-load under charge.
Detail of the phases of the intervention
- Hydraulic connection of treatment equipment with temporary out of service transformer
- Execution of the dehydration process with the transformer on-load
- Disconnection of equipment with transformer on-load
Criteria for stopping treatment
- Water in oil <10 mg / kg at t> 40 ° C
- Breakdown voltage> 70 kV
- Extracted water <250 ml / 24h
The process was carried out with the transformer on-load.
The temperature of the oil in the tank (top oil) was kept constantly above 70 ° C through the use of an auxiliary heating equipment.
Simultaneously the oil was recirculated through a vacuum dehydration equipment. Overall, about 15 liters of water were extracted from each device.
Duration of the intervention: 6 weeks (2 for each transformer)