Hydraulic couplings provided with this kit are also suitable for sampling of oil or free-gases from Buchholz relay.
When not energized, sealed electrical equipment may be at negative pressure. For this reason, taking-out oil samples for diagnostic purpose is a critical operation, which may result in damaging the transformer sealing and air introduction.
This sampling kit allows:
- hydraulic connection to the bottom valve and to the DGPT2 or similar protection devices
- suction of air from the sampling hoses, before opening the sampling valve
- suction of the oil, under negative pressure (vacuum)
- suction of oil samples from drums or tanks
- suction of air from the top of the equipment, if needed.